These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on CB Radio Talk. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Most violations will get a warning in a private message from the admin or the moderators to the poster. You will be given a chance to correct the issue. If the violation is serious enough, you will be banned immediately without consideration. You will reply to this private message or email, letting them know that you respect their decision and confirm that you understand the rules of CBRT. Please do so in a polite and respectful manner, or you will be banned. #
While debating and discussion are fine, as long as they are done in a constructive manner, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts to other members or sponsors. Our decision is final in these matters. Discussion of others' work or products is fine as long as it does not turn into advertising for non-sponsors, or is slanderous in nature. #
Discussion of illegal activities, such as software piracy and other intellectual property violations, is not allowed. CBRT cannot be held liable for any action that you, as a member, take of an immoral or illegal nature. #
Outside The Box
Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way, shape, or form! #
We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules without notification of any sort. Having access to our forums is a privilege, not a right. Any threads or posts of these types will be deleted. We reserve the right to change or modify any of the rules on the forum. Use your common sense: if you have to ask if you can post a particular topic, then you probably shouldn't post that topic. If you have questions, please use the "Contact Admin" form on the site. Being a member on this forum is a privilege, not a right. This is a private forum, and we do not have to publish everything that is said between the admin and mods of the site. #
We operate the website www.cbradiotalk.com (the Website).
These are the Terms and Conditions which govern each use you make of the donation payment services provided through the Website. These Terms and Conditions apply separately to each single /reoccurring donation(s) that you make. By confirming on the Website that you wish to make a donation you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for that donation.
(1) The donation services
We will use your donation at our discretion. All payments through the Website are to be made by via PayPal, Zelle, Venmo, or snail mail are final and there are no refunds. Only donations made via PayPal from the URL donate will automatically be added to the donor list and more privileges. If you make a one of the other ways to donate (ex. Venmo, Zelle, or snail mail); Please contact us with the donation information and we can add credit to the donor list manually (Include name, username, email address, and method of donation).
Once you confirm to us through the Website that you wish to proceed with your donation your transaction will be processed through our payment services provider, PayPal. By confirming that you wish to proceed with your donation you authorize PayPal to request funds from your credit, debit, or PayPal card provider.
(2) Unauthorized card use
If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider.
(3) Information from you
Before we can process a donation you must provide us with (i) your name, address and email address; and (ii) details of the credit or debit card that you wish to use to fund the donation. We will use this information to process your donation. It is your responsibility to ensure you have provided us with the correct information. When you submit your payment details, these details will be transferred to our payment provider, PayPal, and your payment data will be collected and processed securely by them. You should make sure that you are aware of PayPal’s terms and conditions, which are different from our own, to ensure that you are comfortable with how they will process your personal data before you make a donation.
(4) Refund policy
No refunds will be issue unless otherwise approved by the owner of this website.
(5) Benefits of donator group
The benefits and/or permissions of the donator are subject to change without notice and benefits that are posted in forum posts are not applicable. Donor group members can be removed at anytime without notice.
(6) Monthly donations
These Donation Payment Terms and Conditions will only apply to successive donations made through the Website where you have set up a monthly donation. When you set up a regular donation you will be scheduling a series of donations to be made on the day of the month that you choose until further notice. You agree that these Terms and Conditions will apply to each of the donations in that series. By confirming that you wish to proceed with a monthly donation you authorize our payment service provider PayPal to request funds from your credit or debit card on the day of each month that you set. #
Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one-word (or short) nonsense posts, or the like. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. #
Advertising (if not an official sponsor), spamming, and trolling are not allowed. This includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members. We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature, or violate CBRT community standards (any inappropriate language). The CBRT team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and does not violate community standards. This is a family-oriented site, and violators of this rule will be banned.
In order to prevent casual swearing, CBRT censors the most inappropriate curse words by replacing them with the word, **"Censored"**. Intentionally trying to bypass the swear filter will attract a ZERO TOLERANCE response from the CBRT moderators, and can result in being banned from the site. We also will not tolerate obfuscated swearing! Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, willfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret. Swearing in another language is also unacceptable. Content with curse words that are used in the context of a personal attack, or insult will be removed and you will be banned from CBRT. This also goes for all those non-swear words insults like "stupid", "jerk", etc.
No discussion of religion or politics is allowed. This is a requirement imposed upon the forum; as it is felt that religious or political discussions are divisive and encourage trolling. Any threads on religious or political topics will be removed (without notice) and could result in you being banned. #
We reserve the right to remove any posts that can be considered offensive to anyone without prior notice. If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English translation of your post. This forum is an English-based forum, and we ask that you keep the discussions in English out of respect for the majority of the users of the site who speak English. We do welcome users of all languages, but we ask that you utilize the different translation websites to translate your language into English. #
Posting links to other CB Radio Forums, any person or commercial non-Sponsors that are radio-related, phone numbers, email addresses, or links to social media on the site is not allowed, with the exception of Amazon or eBay links. Members can mention commercial radio company names, but they may not share any links to contact that person or company that receives income from CB or HAM radio sales or service.
Without our sponsors, we would not have this forum. Therefore, please do your best to refer anyone to one of the many great sponsors on this site. If you do not think that any of our sponsors carry the related item, please ask us, and we can tell you which sponsor is the best one to refer the radio operator. #
You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests without the express permission of the owner of this site. There is a "For Sale" area in which only members of the "Members Mansion" group are allowed to post. To be able to sell in the "For Sale" area, you must have over 100 posts. Business owners are not to post items for sale in the "For Sale" area or any other part of the forum without first being an official sponsor of the site. #
- Useless Threads
Services and Solicitation
We do not allow businesses or persons who are not sponsors of this site to post threads, send private messages, or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds, or donations. #
Explicit advertising and solicitation of non-sponsors in profiles or signatures is also prohibited. Only official sponsors can have a link to their business site in their signature. #
Avatars cannot be images of your logo if you are radio-related. #
Become a Sponsor
We would appreciate the support you can provide. If you are a radio business owner and want to become a sponsor, please click here. Sorry, we do not currently offer advertising for other forums on our site. #
- Free Advertising
Rules for Avatar Graphic
- Any sexually or offensive avatars are not allowed. The CBRT staff reserves the right to determine what may or may not be offensive.
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff of CBRT are not allowed.
- Unless the business is a sponsor, the avatar cannot be a company logo.
- Avatars must not exceed the maximum file size, height, or width required by this forum.
- New users will have to have a few posts before they can upload an avatar.
- Rules for Avatar Graphic
Linking to a radio commercial product or service is fine, provided it is a sponsor of the site and is not an affiliate program link for CBRT or any other affiliate program. #
Do not post anything that could be offensive to others in your signatures. This could result in a warning, or you being banned.
Here are some examples of things that could be considered offensive in a signature:
- Slurs or derogatory terms
- Personal attacks or insults
- Threats or violence
- Hate speech or discriminatory language
- Pornography or sexually explicit content
- Spam or advertising
If you see something in a signature that you find offensive, you can report it to the forum moderators. They will investigate the matter and take appropriate action.
By following these guidelines, we can help to create a forum that is safe and welcoming for everyone. #
Not Radio Related Links
A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain products and/or services is allowed, provided the site is not sexual in nature or does not violate CBRT community standards. The CBRT team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or of a sexual nature.) #
Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed. These links may be removed by the admin at any point in time. #
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:
- For text signatures:
- 4 lines in normal size
- 8 lines in small size
- Up to 90 characters per line
- Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
For images in signatures:
- 1 image up to 450 pixels wide
- 400 pixels tall
Restrictions for user names
- No usernames are allowed that could be considered offensive.
- Usernames cannot mimic admin or moderators of this site.
- If you are not a sponsor of this site, then you cannot have your username also be your company name, or anything similar to your company name.
- Usernames must be a minimum length of three characters, and not exceed twelve characters.
- Usernames can be changed by admin without notice, and for any reason.
- Restrictions for user names
General Chat Rules
Chat room conduct should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. You will be considered in violation of the Chat Room Rules of Conduct if you (or others using your web access) do any of the following:
- Post, promote, or distribute content that is illegal.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another chatter that is unwanted.
- Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially, political, or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable.
- Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large streams of text so the screen goes by too fast to read, etc.
- Pretend to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate another chatter.
- The discussion of illegal activities, foul language will not be tolerated, also prolific foul language use.
- No posting of links or files of copy written works belonging to a company that are not freely offered by that company. This includes discussing file sharing programs where such materials may be obtained. This is an illegal activity and will not be tolerated!
- Like at the top of the Chat Room, no selling in the ShoutBox, this includes the posting of **Non Sponsored** links, just like in the forum we support the sponsors.
1st Offense: You will be spoken to in public and asked to stop your actions.
2nd Offense: You will be temporarily banned from the forum. The Admin or Moderator will inform you of this, as well as why.
3rd Offense: You will be kicked and banned from the forum and chat. You will not be allowed back in until your ban is lifted. Third offense violations will be reported to the Admins and placed on a list for further evaluation. Allowance back into the chat rooms is left to the sole discretion of the Admins.
Although the above guidelines are generally followed, chat room moderators reserve the right to ban chatters at their discretion. #
Please do not buy, sell, or trade anything in the shout box. This area is intended for quick announcements and to see who is online. The general rules of the forum still apply in this area. #
- General Chat Rules
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed, and will result in the user being banned. We do reserve the right to deactivate or delete one of the profiles, and we will choose which one to remove. Please use the contact form if you are having difficulties logging in instead of creating a new account. #
For Sale Area
Only users with more than 100 posts can post in the sale area. Members with 100 posts are automatically added to the members mansion group and to the for sale area. #
Liable / Follow Thru
The CB Radio Talk Forum is not liable for any sales between users made on this site. Please look at the sales history of those that are selling on the forum. Shop or Buy at your own risk! If you do not follow through with a sale, you may be banned from the site. #
No sale info will be allowed in other areas of the forum. Please only post items in the For Sale area of the forum. If you do not have access to that area yet, then you may not post your item that is for sale on The CB Radio Talk Forum. #
Items able to Sell
You may only sell items that are related to the radio hobby. Items outside of CB Radio hobby have no business being sold in the For Sale Area. If you think we should make an exception? Please use the "Contact" admin form on the site. #
Who Can Sell
You may not sell items for other members on the site. You may however sell items for friends or relatives that are not members of the site. We do encourage you to invite them to become a member of The CB Radio Talk (CBRT) Forum though. Once, again you have to be a member with more than 100 posts on the site. #
Follow up on your sales and change the subject on your original post to include **SOLD** after the item sales. If you do not know how to accomplish this task. Please use the "Contact" admin form on the site. Please include the link to your post! Better yet, you can even use the report link on the post. It is a image of an exclamation point! #
Allowed Time / Number of Items
Sale ads will be automatically deleted after 4 weeks from original post date. No more than 3 listings at any time, more than 3 will be deleted, and please only post one item on one post Post a price on each item you are listing. Excessive bumping of a sale post will facilitate the removal of the post, all posts are equally important. #
If you have any suggestions for new rules, or have questions of any of the existing rules. Please use the "Contact" admin form on the site. These rules are subject to change at anytime, and without any notification to the public. #
Disclaimer of Warranty/Limitation of Liability
Buyer agrees to pay the Purchase Price of the Goods as posted on this website attached hereto.
The total amount of the Purchase Price shall be payable in full by Buyer according to the payment due date stated at Checkout. The seller shall have the right to pursue any remedies available at law or as provided herein and shall be entitled to reimbursement from Buyer for Seller's costs of collection, including attorney fees, legal fees and costs and disbursements.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery shall be made in accordance with Seller's shipping policy in effect on the date of shipment. Delivery dates provided by Seller are estimates only. Seller will make reasonable efforts to deliver in accordance with such dates; however, Seller will not be liable for failure to deliver as estimated. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Seller, Goods shall be packaged according to Seller's standards and practices.
There is no warranty on equipment sold by the users on this forum. Unless provided by the commercial seller or the manufacturer.
CBRT undertakes no responsibility for the quality of the Goods or that the Goods will be fit for any particular purpose for which Buyer may be buying the Goods, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, and Seller disclaims all other warranties and conditions, express or implied.
CBRT (INCLUDING ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS, ALL OF WHICH ARE REFERRED TO HEREIN COLLECTIVELY AS THE "SELLER AFFILIATES") SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TO BUYER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE GOODS OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF THE GOODS OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF SUBSTITUTE OR REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICES, DOWN TIME, BUYER'S TIME, LOST DATA, INJURY TO PROPERTY OR ANY DAMAGES OR SUMS PAID BY BUYER TO THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF SELLER OR ANY OF THE SELLER AFFILIATES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER ANY CLAIM IS BASED UPON PRINCIPLES OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, PRINCIPLES OF INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED OR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY TO ACHIEVE ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. #
- Membership Requires
We will not allow users to sell stuff on the CBRT social media accounts. This is because we do not want our users to get ripped off. This is why we have a 100-post minimum requirement on CBRT. If you post something for sale on our CBRT social media accounts, or if we receive complaints that you have posted something for sale on someone else's wall, we will have no choice but to remove the post and ban you from the social media accounts page. #
- No Selling
Site Terms and Conditions of Use
User's Acknowledgment & Acceptance
Description of Services
We make various services available on this site including, but not limited to, information about CB Radios, CB Radios, Ham Radios, and other radio related equipment., and other like services. You are responsible for providing, at your own expense, all equipment necessary to use the services, including a computer, modem, and Internet access (including payment of all fees associated with such access).
Registration Data and Privacy
In order to access some of the services on this site, you will be required to use an account and password that can be obtained by completing our online registration form, which requests certain information and data ("Registration Data"), and maintaining and updating your Registration Data as required. By registering, you agree that all information provided in the Registration Data is true and accurate and that you will maintain and update this information as required in order to keep it current, complete, and accurate.
Conduct on Site
Your use of the site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible for the substance of your communications through the site. By posting information in or otherwise using any communications service, chat room, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site, you agree that you will not upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information -- that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of politics, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all areas of the site may be available to you or other authorized users of the site. You shall not interfere with anyone else's use and enjoyment of the site or other similar services. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
You agree that we may at any time, and at our sole discretion, terminate your membership, account, or other affiliation with our site without prior notice to you for violating any of the above provisions. In addition, you acknowledge that we will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations. #
Third Party Sites and Information
This site may link you to other sites on the Internet or otherwise include references to information, documents, software, materials and/or services provided by other parties. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites and parties are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites, nor are we responsible for errors or omissions in any references to other parties or their products and services. The inclusion of such a link or reference is provided merely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the site or party by us, or any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. #
Intellectual Property Information
Unauthorized Use of Materials
Please do not submit confidential or proprietary information to us unless we have mutually agreed in writing otherwise. We are also unable to accept your unsolicited ideas or proposals, so please do not submit them to us in any circumstance.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you or any user of this site believes its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by a posting on this site, you or the user should send notification to our Designated Agent (as identified below) immediately. To be effective, the notification must include:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed).
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you (email address is preferred).
- Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the paper.
- Send the written communication to the following address:
PO BOX 191095
Boise, ID 83719
Phone: (224) 216-CBRT
You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from our site without liability to you or any other party and that the claims of the complaining party and the party that originally posted the materials will be referred to the United States Copyright Office for adjudication as provided in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. #
Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (A) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE FROM US OR OUR AFFILIATES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR BE FREE FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS OR DEFECTS.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR OF ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE.
FURTHER, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THIS SITE OR FOR ASSISTANCE IN CONDUCTING COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE PROCESSING OF ORDERS. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. #
Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses. #
Security and Password
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. Our personnel will never ask you for your password. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account if you do transfer or share your account. #
Participation in Promotions
From time to time, this site may include advertisements offered by third parties. You may enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of the advertisers showing their products on this site. Any such correspondence or promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such correspondence or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser. We assume no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such correspondence or promotion. #
E-mail, Messaging, & Chat Services
We may make email, messaging, blogging, or chat services (collectively, "Communications") available to users of our site, either directly or through a third-party provider. We make available separate supplemental agreements characterizing the relationship between you and us that, except where expressly noted or contradictory, includes these Terms.
We may employ automated monitoring devices or techniques to protect our users from mass unsolicited communications (also known as "spam") and/or other types of electronic communications that we deem inconsistent with our business purposes. However, such devices or techniques are not perfect, and we will not be responsible for any legitimate communication that is blocked, or for any unsolicited communication that is not blocked.
Mailboxes may have a limited storage capacity. If you exceed the maximum permitted storage space, we may employ automated devices that delete or block email messages that exceed the limit. We will not be responsible for such deleted or blocked messages. #
Although this site may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with this site is void where prohibited. #
Termination of Use
This site (excluding any linked sites) is controlled by us from our offices within the Idaho, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Idaho, by accessing this site both of us agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Idaho, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this site and the purchase of products and services available through this site. Each of us agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue any court of competent jurisdiction within the State of Idaho with respect to such matters. #
All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made via email https://www.cbradiotalk.com/contactadmin. Notices to you may be sent to the address supplied by you as part of your Registration Data. In addition, we may broadcast notices or messages through the site to inform you of changes to the site or other matters of importance, and such broadcasts shall constitute notice to you at the time of sending. #
- User's Acknowledgment & Acceptance
CB Radio Talk Forum ("We" or "Us" or "Our") offers the use of its forum and message board services (along with the content posted thereon, the "Services") subject to the terms and conditions of use (the "Terms") contained herein. All references herein to "We," "Us," or "Our" are intended to include CB Radio Talk Forum and any other affiliated companies. By accessing, creating or contributing to any forum or messages hosted by us (the "Forum"), and in consideration for the Services we provide to you, you agree to abide by these Terms. Please read them carefully before posting to or creating any forum. We reserve the right to change, at any time, at our sole discretion, the Terms under which these Services are offered. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms for changes. Your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of all such Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not use the Services. #
Disclaimer of Forum Responsibility
You understand that all content posted to the forum (the "Content") is the sole responsibility of the individual who originally posted the content. You understand, also, that all opinions expressed by users of this site are expressed strictly in their individual capacities, and not as Our representatives or any of Our sponsors or partners. The opinions that you or others post in the forum do not necessarily reflect Our opinions. #
- By posting your Content using the Services, you are granting an unrestricted, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, and fully transferable, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create collective or derivative works from, distribute, perform and display your Content in whole or in part and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You further warrant that all so-called moral rights in the content have been waived.
- By posting content to the Blog, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to that content, including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content, or that your use of the content is a protected fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly provide material and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the content you supply does not violate these Terms. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your postings do not disclose confidential and/or proprietary information, including personal financial information, information covered by a nondisclosure agreement, and information that you are not authorized to disclose. We caution you not to disclose personal information about yourself or your children, such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, etc.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Us and Our affiliated companies, and their directors, officers and employees, harmless for any and all claims or demands, including reasonable attorney fees, that arise from or otherwise relate to your use of the Blog, any content you supply to the Blog, or your violation of these Terms or the rights of another.
- You agree that We will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any content posted on this site. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. You agree not to collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, or to use information obtained from the Services to send other users unsolicited e-mail of any kind.
- The forum is provided for informational purposes only; we shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy or availability of any information appearing or available on the forum.
- Forum postings may provide links to other websites on the Internet. We are not responsible or liable for such content and we make no express or implied warranty about the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, merchantability, or any other aspect of the content of such postings. We are not responsible or liable for any advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. The inclusion of links does not imply endorsement of the Websites by Us or any association with their operators.
- We may enable you to establish an account with a username and password to access and use the Services. If so, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any activity occurring through use of your account and password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
Collecting personal information from children under the age of 13 ("minor children") through the Services or the Blog is prohibited. No Content should be directed toward minor children. Minor children are not eligible to use the site, and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us. We currently do not allow anyone below the age of a 16 to register on the forum. #
Termination of Access/Removal of Content
We shall have the right in Our sole discretion to terminate your access to and use of the Services and/or remove any of your Content should We consider your statements or conduct to be inaccurate, illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy, injurious, objectionable, or otherwise in violation of these Terms or applicable law. We may or may not remove your posts on the site, and your account will be disabled, but not deleted. You may request to have your account deactivated, but your account information and posts may be retained. #
Acceptance and Acknowledgement of Terms
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit some parts of our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails.
(The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.)
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. However, we cannot be held liable if your information is by hackers through our website. #
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. #
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. The feedback has to be communicated via our contact page though. Please do not post feedback regarding sponsors of the site as a topic on the forum. #
Children's Online Privacy
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. We ask that if you are 13 years old or younger to not register on this forum. Please ask your parents! #
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website by using our contact us link. #
Last updated February 5th 2021
If you would like contact us via email?
Please use our contact us page.
Contact us via phone
(224) 216-CBRT (2278) #
- What information do we collect?