microphone<radio shack>, modular jack

This forum is a valuable resource for microphone information, including wiring details and more. If you need assistance with choosing a high-quality microphone for your radio, feel free to ask here.
doctor

microphone<radio shack>, modular jack

Post by doctor »

I have a trc 496 rat shack 40 chnl cb, it has a modular jack on the mic which plugs into it<like a phone jack>, anyone know where I can get a mic like this preferably a amplified mic????
Or how or where to jack up the audio, the board says uniden

DOCTOR/795 :shock:
TwentyTwo-Zero
Donor
Donor

Post by TwentyTwo-Zero »

I don't know if you already found this or not, but there is a parts list located here.
The catalog number for the mic is 11645405 and the part number is M00009. With a little luck maybe one of their stores might have one laying in the back room somewhere that they can transfer to a store near you. Other than that, I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I find anything else...
Save Your Money, Don't Go To The Show
And Don't You Eat That Yellow Snow...Frank Zappa
------------
WR0220 Washington State 38LSB
CPI • Cobra • Icom • Yaesu
doctor

TRC 496

Post by doctor »

Appreciate the info, if by any chance you see the adjustment on the radio <inside> for the audio increase, thats what I need now..
TwentyTwo-Zero
Donor
Donor

Post by TwentyTwo-Zero »

Is there a number on the PCB? Since it is stamped Uniden it might be easier to find a schematic for it that way...
Save Your Money, Don't Go To The Show
And Don't You Eat That Yellow Snow...Frank Zappa
------------
WR0220 Washington State 38LSB
CPI • Cobra • Icom • Yaesu
doctor

trc496

Post by doctor »

Ok I took the radio apart
here is what is stamped on it

1966 UNIDEN
TJE 018H8
PA-381AA 1/2

Hope this helps

warlock35po
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: Warlock35Po
Call Sign: VE1CSP
Antenna: Beam and/2 wave Dipole
Radio: Kenwood 570 D G

Re: microphone<radio shack>, modular jack

Post by warlock35po »

Hey Rick,I have not received the radio.Let me know what has happened.The last time we talked you intended to ship it.Did it get lost in the mail? Regards ,Don
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

warlock35po wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:28 pm Hey Rick,I have not received the radio.Let me know what has happened.The last time we talked you intended to ship it.Did it get lost in the mail? Regards ,Don
Your asking a question on a post that is 15 years old, and asking a person who hasn't been on the forum since 2011 or 2015? :shock:

Somehow or another I highly doubt your going to get a answer... :lol:

snail-mail is slow no doubt..but if it was mailed back then, something tells me it was lost to the seas of time long-long-time-ago. :roll:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
warlock35po
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by warlock35po »

Yes I know all that, it was just a hail Mary.I have tried to p.P.M. him and can't get it answered.We have talked on the phone but no radio. No need for you to be ignorant, you must be a very unhappy person.Have a good day. warlock35po. VE1-CSP
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

warlock35po wrote: July 15th, 2022, 8:11 am Yes I know all that, it was just a hail Mary.I have tried to p.P.M. him and can't get it answered.We have talked on the phone but no radio. No need for you to be ignorant, you must be a very unhappy person.Have a good day. warlock35po. VE1-CSP
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

warlock35po wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:28 pm Hey Rick,I have not received the radio.Let me know what has happened.The last time we talked you intended to ship it.Did it get lost in the mail? Regards ,Don
I think you have him confused with CB Doctor, anyway Rick hasn’t been on the forum for a while either. I will say mailing things from the USA to Canada do get lost easily unless you use UPS or FedEx!

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
warlock35po
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by warlock35po »

Hey Greg,It wasn't really confusion I just thought someone out there would have some info as to what may have happened with Rick.Once again it was a Hail Mary.I have had phone conversations with Rick about the radio and have tried a dozen or more times to P.M. him, can not get one to go through.Must be something on this end.Iam just trying to find out if the radio was shipped if so it was lost in the mail.Thanks for your input. Regards Don.warlock35po, VE1-CSP
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

warlock35po wrote: July 17th, 2022, 12:23 pm Hey Greg,It wasn't really confusion I just thought someone out there would have some info as to what may have happened with Rick.Once again it was a Hail Mary.I have had phone conversations with Rick about the radio and have tried a dozen or more times to P.M. him, can not get one to go through.Must be something on this end.Iam just trying to find out if the radio was shipped if so it was lost in the mail.Thanks for your input. Regards Don.warlock35po, VE1-CSP
Over the years I would say his email has changed. His last post on the forum was in 2015. It is possible he may no longer be with us. Sorry.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

your radio finally showed up, :-D
it was at a swapmeet in Quartzsite laying in a tub of crystals. :text-threadjacked:
it had so many "postage due" stickers on it, nobody wanted it,,, :roll: :lol: :lol:
warlock35po
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by warlock35po »

Very amusing,i have one of yours here.It smells so much like horse dung I put on the garbage truck.Have a god day. warlock35po
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

all kidding aside, ;) i too had that kinda radio, :shock: not sure of the exact model but same modular jacked mic, :? it was a high resistance mic and of poor audio performance so i found a "hi-z" desktop mic and had to re-wire :cry: ,,, was still a p.o.s. so i threw it in the river in an effort to get the high nitrogen bass **Censored** to etch it clean, :roll: but since it was a japanese radio, carperizing would have been more effective.
needless to say, it still sounded like it was underwater. :-)
warlock35po
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by warlock35po »

The one that has gone missing was my Dads radio He had it 25+ years it worked fine and sounded good When he passed away I decided to have it completely refurbed.looks like that may have been a poor decison.Regards,warlock35po