The TeZ Times - Ford Ranger

Tell us what you're doing from day to day. Post your daily notes here about any radio projects that you are working on.
TheTeZ

The TeZ Times - Ford Ranger

Post by TheTeZ »

So, some of you have heard i got a ford ranger....
Not so happy bout the whole ford thing, but great gas mileage.

Well Here are some shots of the set up process...

I know this isnt the prettiest... and i really need to do something about the rust, but heres an example of the ground straps i am using... Frame To bed. here, with brown primer over, i KNOW its ugly looking, but its underneith, and i am gonna hit it again when theirs more light outside, and its not drizzling. Onward!
[Please login or register to view this link]

And heres the Riser i made leaning against the back of the cab.

Here i took some short bolts that the head fit snugly in the rail i was using for the veriticle pieces and stuck them in there (drilled the hole and put them through)

I Measured Marked Drilled holes in the bed, and then slid the riser behind the bed (between the bed and cab) Lined up the bolts with the holes, popped them through then took a socket wrench and tightened the nuts on the inside of the bed. (i was going to go down underneath and bolt them through the bottom, but the gas tank was in the way, so this was my way to mount it)

You cant see any bolts with the bed liner in place

Heres the TEMPORARY nut, im gonna replace the quick disconnect with a high quality fold over adapter, but for now it works...

[Please login or register to view this link] Ran the coax through the bar/rail

lmr240 coming through the firewall

And their we go....

I will be putting the interior pics up at the end of the week or beginning of next. And i still wanna run a strap from the top (horizontal) bar to the bed..

I know the riser looks a little flimsey, but its pretty solid, it has no problem holding the 4' silverload, and doesnt budge, its held on their solid, and it doesnt move...

†*************************ADDITION*************************†

Here are the rest of the pics i guess....

Heres the 59" base loaded whip

And heres the Galaxy 95t2 In The ranger, and holy **** was that a tight fit, VERY difficult to get a radio of this size in a manual ranger.
Last edited by TheTeZ on April 19th, 2009, 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BushHog

Re: The TeZ Times - Ford Ranger

Post by BushHog »

looks great tez keep the pics coming bud
Gummybear
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Gummybear »

Nice job, simple but effective. looking at you pics i felt like i had taco neck syndrome. Do you remember those taco bell ad's with shaq? everyone had their heads tilted to the side to eat the taco.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

†*************************ADDITION*************************†

Here are the rest of the pics i guess....

Heres the 59" base loaded whip

And heres the Galaxy 95t2 In The ranger, and holy **** was that a tight fit, VERY difficult to get a radio of this size in a manual ranger.

and with these pics No Tacobell neck syndrome for ya gummybear
BG
Donor
Donor

Post by BG »

lookin' good! I like that setup....I bet it talks real good! and don't be so down about the Ford Ranger thing....I am currently looking for a small pickup too. With this economy, downsizing seems to be the smart option for awhile. Good setup....hope you enjoy it.
"Tonite there ain't no messin' around."
killapits
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by killapits »

good setup, i thought about the headache rack but it won't look good on my truck
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

its performing great, talking on ssb ive been told the audio is a little on the low side, so i was thinking maybe ill try my power mic see if that makes a difference, i dunno we will see...

But thats also with me talking 30 miles from the mobile, on ssb... so i think its ok its a little low...its also the people who were use to me at the base running a nice set up there.... i know when im on am talking to people down the road, i get GREAT reports.

My friend whos had trouble decided to set up his the same way, so we did that the other day, i was shocked at how far we were able to talk.

Killa, its not really a "headache rack" its home made out of some bars and stuff from the hardware store.... what kinda truck? i just didnt wanna drill into it..... so i decided tis was the next best way.
killapits
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by killapits »

a 1990 chevy ss454 kinda rare they only made them for 4 years
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

thats a nice one... you can deff make one like i did, only you have a prettier truck so id make a prettier mount.... but you would be able to do the same thing, and it would look fine...
killapits
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by killapits »

have to out of stainless steel or polished alum
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

well i have the ford ranger,r and my buddy has a dodge dakota. we did the same set up, same grounding, same mount, same everything and it worked on both, i am sure it will work on yours as well, i mean i can go into detail about it if you ever decide you really want to do it.