Network Connection

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Network Connection

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hey,

About a year ago I upgraded my cable internet service(Comcast Xfinity) to 1.2gbps. My computer where the modem/router is located is on the first floor of my dining room which I have a small office in a corner. I have a 27' iMac there and the download/upload speeds are phenomenal, I also have a iMac 24" in a second floor bedroom which is connected via WiFi, it's fast as well.

Here is where I had a problem. My computers and the TV I use down in the basement where my radios are were slow as the mail now a days (was going to say molasses but it is faster). They are hardwired from the modem/router to a 5 port network hub. The best speed I got out of either computer (TV buffered constantly) was 90 to 100mbps.The computers came gigabyte ready.

I scratched my head often trying to get it faster , even changed to better Ethernet cabling. One day it dawned on me, the hub was old, looking at it I realized it was only a 10/100mbps hub. Have the same thing in the entertainment center for the TV, Blu-Ray (need to buy a new one, this one no longer updates), Comcast Flex box (BTW, they are free if you have Xfinity internet service, yes, I'm cheap) and a surveillance camera for watching my dogs while we aren't home, (it has pan, tilt, and zoom, drives the dogs crazy).

Bought 2 nice new hubs off eBay, D-link Dlinkgo model GO-SW-5G, problem fixed until next time or thing on my end change.

Hope this helps someone else .

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Owner
Owner
Handle: Bozo
Antenna: Monkey Made MM9
Radio: General Lee Radio

Re: Network Connection

Post by »