Connex 46 turbo n1

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
smoke blower
Donor
Donor

Connex 46 turbo n1

Post by smoke blower »

I need some help with a connex 46 turbo n1. Someone did a bunch of crap to this radio and they messed with the driver and final bias voltage for what I don't know but anyway I need to know the right procedure to adjust this. I was going to go by the galaxy 3300 hp alignment procedure but I want to make sure it will be the same on the connex 46 turbo n1 since it has the 3600 board in it too.

Post Merge Complete

Added 3 hours 26 minutes 40 seconds after previous.
Anyone have any idea on the bias voltage adjustment
Verified
Owner
Owner

Post by »

• Safety First, Clown!
    Before you even think about touching your radio, make sure it's powered off and not plugged in. Clowns and electricity don't mix well.
  • Find the Magic Buttons
    Open up your radio's secret compartment and search for those mysterious knobs. They're like the secret sauce for your radio performance.
  • Clown Manual Time
    Dust off your Connex 46 Turbo N1 user manual (or maybe it's hiding in a pie?) and find the page that talks about the driver and final bias voltage. It's like deciphering clown hieroglyphics.
  • Tools of the Trade
    Grab your rainbow-colored multimeter. Remember, it measures volts, not balloon animals.
  • Turn on the Show
    Power on the radio, but don't let any confetti fly out. Make sure it's getting electricity.
  • Crank Those Knobs
    Twirl those potentiometers or trimmers like you're twisting balloon animals at a kid's party. Adjust them to match the values from the manual.
  • Measure the Magic
    Use your multimeter to measure the voltage. It's like measuring the laughter in a clown's circus tent.
  • Fine-Tuning, Not Clown Shoes
    Make itty-bitty adjustments until the numbers match what the manual says. Remember, patience is key, just like fitting into clown shoes.
  • Check Your Clown Work
    Confirm that your driver and final bias voltage are behaving as expected. No clowning around here!
  • Wrap Up the Big Top
    Turn off the radio, put the case back together, and send it back to the circus (or test its performance on the airwaves).
Remember, it's all in good fun, but when it comes to your radio, following the proper procedure is important. So, clown or not, make sure you get it right! 🤡📻

Donate here

smoke blower
Donor
Donor

Post by smoke blower »

Looks like there's more clowning around on here than help. I see nothing has changed over the years
Verified
Owner
Owner

Post by »

@smoke blower... don't worry. I'm sure they'll ban me. Lol

Donate here

smoke blower
Donor
Donor

Post by smoke blower »

I doubt it most all clowns stick together and you being the head clown of the town.
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by »

smoke blower…

I think you actually have any and all ‘Golden screwdrivers’ stumped on this issue.

Bombero
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Yep, got me stumped but I haven’t been messing with radios for quite a while now.
If it has a EPT3600** board, any radio that uses it should be the same specs but this board was used in both AM/FM and SSB radios, the latter has more components on the board and specs are slightly different.
Best I can do. Sure would like to see more old timer’s on!

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department